Allegheny Shotokan “Viola Karate”
🥋The Viola Karate School (Allegheny Shotokan) was established in 1969 by Bill Viola Sr. (recognized as the co-creator of MMA (mixed martial arts) in America. The 空手 school has a rich tradition serving the Pittsburgh region and Western Pennsylvania for nearly 50 years. The family owned business has is the oldest and most established karate and martial arts school in the North Huntingdon (Irwin, PA). The Viola Family is internationally renowned, with teaching experience you can trust training and working with Olympic-level competitors and professional athletes from the NFL and MLB. The dojo features the award-winning Sensei Says ® Life Skills curriculum. “Home of National, International, and World Champions.” We have been ranked #1 Top Karate School in Pittsburgh for decades. Call or Text Viola Karate: 724-640-2111 to speak with Sensei Bill Jr.
- Journey Continues for Master Ray Adams and Master Dave Zezza - The Journey Continues for two North Huntingdon Martial Arts 🥋Masters On Wednesday August 29, 2018 history was made at the Allegheny Shotokan Viola Karate Dojo. North Huntingdon / Irwin Residents Sensei Ray Adams, 76, and Sensei Dave Zezza, 63, were promoted to Master Rank in the art of Shotokan karate. It has been a lifetime Read More
- USA Karate Kickboxing Team - A pair of Pittsburgh martial artists are poised to make history as they represent the United States of America (USA) as members of the prestigious 2018 “Team USA” at the Pan American Kickboxing Championship in Cancun, Mexico October 24-28th. In the upcoming months while other kids are enjoying summer break, 15-year old Luke Lokay and 9-year Read More
- Martial Arts Success - Sensei Bill Viola Jr. is featured in Martial Arts Success Magazine. He explains "How to Organize a Successful Tournament" in the feature story of the issue. Viola is considered one of the foremost experts on tournament promotion in America.
- WAKO Team USA - Congratulations to Xander Eddy and Luke Lokay for earning a spots on “Team USA” at the WAKO National Team Trials in Kansas City. The two have been selected to represent America at the WAKO Team Trials in Kansas City and our official members of "Team USA" At the Pan-American Games (Mexico)and Jr. World Championships (Italy). Austin Hladek won Bronze and Read More
- Shihan Viola’s life story comes to Showtime network - "Toughs Guys" make television history on Showtime When you think of MMA, most people think Dana White. He has been the face of the UFC and mixed martial arts for years. A new documentary reveals the true creators of MMA: Pittsburgh martial artists Bill Viola Sr. and Frank Caliguri (1979-1983). Their company CV Productions Read More
- Pittsburgh Karate Champs - Allegheny Shotokan named 'top team' at Pittsburgh Kumite Classic STAFF REPORT | Sunday, July 2, 2017, 11:00 p.m. The Allegheny Shotokan Karate School was honored as the “Top Team” at the 2017 Kumite Classic martial arts championships at the 18th annual Pittsburgh Fitness Expo on May 26-27 at Monroeville Convention Center. The Kumite Classic is the region's largest multisport Read More
- Tough Guys Movie - Shihan Viola's life is the subject of the book "Godfathers of MMA" which has been adapted to major documentary set to air on network television later this year called Tough Guys. ACADEMY AWARD® NOMINATED MORGAN SPURLOCK JOINS ACADEMY AWARD® WINNER ROSS KAUFFMAN FOR THE MIXED Read More
- Antonio Brown - Pittsburgh Steeler Team MVP and Pro Bowl Super Star Antonio Brown with Sensei Bill Viola and Master Bill Viola at the Kumite Classic, Pittsburgh, PA. Allegheny Shotokan Karate is a proud partner of the Kumite Classic. 2011 Pittsburgh Steeler Team MVP and Pro Bowl Super Star Antonio Brown with Sensei Bill Viola and Master Bill Read More
- Who is the father of MMA - Father of MMA mixed martial arts Who’s Your Daddy? Alexander Cartwright, James Naismith and Walter Camp all share a similar rite of passage, each has been honored as the “father” of their respective sports: Baseball, Basketball and Football. For all intents and purposes history credits them with invention, although each sport evolved incrementally from some Read More
- Black Belt Legacy - Alleghey Shotokan is the oldest most established karate school in the area. North Huntingdon School Continues Its Black Belt Legacy Pictured Left to Right: Front Row: Dave Zezza, Perry Culver, Ray Walters, Bill Viola Sr., Bill Viola Jr. Ray Adams, Tim Meyer, Rocky Whatule Second Row: Dave Crissman, Bill Holshue, George Yurechko, Joce Viola, Ali Read More
- The California Kid - Sensei Bill Viola got the chance to catch up with Urijah Faber the California mobile.ae.org Kid at the 2013 Arnold Classic in Columbus.
- Hines Ward Show - Allegheny Shotokan and Team Kumite represent Pittsburgh Karate on the Hines Ward Show. WPXI host Alby Oxenreiter, Brett Keisel and Hines were on hand for the program that features Positive Athletes in Pittsburgh. Connor Burns, Dominic Leader, and Coach Bill Viola all represented sport karate and martial arts. Hines was able to learn some karate Read More
- Ali Viola D-1 Star - Ali Viola has made a successful crossover from Sport karate into D-1 Athletics as the Goal Keeper for the Youngstown State University Girls Soccer Team. As an NBL World Karate Champion she has made a name for herself as one of the toughest and dominant continuous sparring competitors in the country. That tenacity helped her to earn a major Read More
- Royce Gracie - UFC Legend Royce Gracie with Allegheny Shotokan Sensei Bill Viola Jr. @ the 2012 Kumite Classic at the Pittsburgh Monroeville Convention Center. UFC Legend Royce Gracie with Rare Book school-delays.com Director Michael F. Allegheny Shotokan Sensei Bill Viola Jr. @ the 2012 Kumite Classic at the Pittsburgh Monroeville Convention Center.
- Master Viola - Shihan (Master) Bill Viola founded Allegheny Shotokan Karate in 1969. Viola is master of the martial arts and member of the USA Karate Hall of Fame. Viola established Allegheny Shotokan Karate in 1969 and over the past 5 decades Viola has taught thousands of students and coached hundreds of regional, national, international, and World champions. Read More
- Mixed Martial Arts - Shihan Bill Viola with UFC President Dana White. In 1979 Viola co-founded CV Productions Inc. with his partner Frank Caliguri. In 1980 the company introduced a new sport to America, which now known as MMA. The first mainstream mixed martial arts competitions in the United States began in Pittsburgh in 1980. Viola is a documented innovator Read More
- Sensei Viola - Allegheny Shotokan Sensei Bill Viola is recognized as a multiple USA Karate All-American Athlete, International Champion and World Champion coach of Team Kumite. Official website www.williamviola.com William “Bill” Viola III (born April 9, 1977) is an international martial arts champion, instructor, coach, fitness promoter and founder of Kumite Classic Entertainment Corp. Bill Viola graduated Summa Cum Read More
- World Champions - Allegheny Shotokan is the home of Team Kumite, an all-star travel team. The dojo is the most successful sport karate school in the Pittsburgh region casino producing the only NBL World Champions in the past decade including; 3x World Champion Terrance Tubio, 3x World Champion Alison Viola, World Champion Jose Rivera, and most recently 2010 Read More
- Pittsburgh MMA - The Pittsburgh region has produced some of world’s most legendary fighters, boxers, wrestlers, and martial artists. Pennsylvania is considered the birthplace of modern “sport” mixed martial arts in the United States (1979). Pittsburgh MMA is dedicated to keeping the storied traditions alive and proving a historical reference for all types of combat and mixed martial Read More
- Norwin Ninjas - The Norwin Ninjas, a group of children ages 3-7 year old martial artists took the main stage at the Kumite Classic. The North Huntingdon, PA based team showcased their skills for the crowd with an exciting demo. -Allegheny Shotokan Karate since 1969
-Allegheny Shotokan Karate 🥋 and the Viola family has served the Pittsburgh region for nearly 50 years. Allegheny Shotokan is the the most experienced school in the area teaching martial arts in the Pittsbugh region of North Huntingdon & Irwin area since 1969. Allegheny Shotokan karate is experience you can trust! Viola karate is home of the award winning Norwin Ninjas children’s program and World Champion Team Kumite competition team. Viola Karate implements the award-winning Sensei Says ® Life Skills curriculum.
Allegheny Shotokan has produced hundreds of regional, national, and international champions including titles from; Amateur Athletic Union (AAU), United States of America Karate Federation (USAKF), United States of American National Karate Federation (USANKF), National Black Belt League (NBL), Sport Karate International (SKI) North American Sport Karate Association (NASKA), and Police Athletic League (PAL) Pennsylvania Karate Rating Association (PKRA). Contact Allegheny Shotokan or Norwin Ninjas for a free lesson at no obligation.
Viola Karate Dojo 🥋
Home to Allegheny Shotokan Karate Norwin Ninjas (Sister program) & Team Kumite (All-Star Travel)
Call or Text: Sensei Bill Viola Jr. 724-640-2111